Skill Sharing & Photoshow Events
Based in mid-Wiltshire; available throughout southern England & Wales
From the recent Pasture to Project talk:
“Re-invigorated my enthusiasm.” -- Sue
“The whole talk was fascinating, especially hearing about the history of how and when it all started. Many thanks” -- H. M.
“Personal charm, simple, engaging and lovely samples” -- anon
I have several ideas bubbling in the cauldren. Check them out on the Upcoming Events page!
Plants, Economic Botany:
- Medicinal & dye plant foraging
- Identification of traditional, 'wild-crafted' source materials
- Herb growing & harvesting
- Making salves, and homemade first aid products (using time-honoured traditional processes)
- Dyeing wool (using common food ingredients as mordants)
- How to turn garden waste into colour
Bee Keeping, Using Bees Wax:
- A Decade of Bee Keeping (entertaining, general interest & scenic natural history)
- Bee Keeping as a Hobby: What is it like? (Photo introduction for those considering the craft, Q&A undertaken with my husband who manages our apiary)
- Sophisticated processing & techniques of working with bee's wax
- Social history of textile production
- Sheep breeds and introduction to wool spinning
- Drop & supported spindle spinning for improvers
- Fleece preparation & scouring
(un-illustrated talk, Q&A or panel discussion only)
exceptional expertize in this broad topic, please inquire
What I Do & Don't Do
I am happy to consider participating in any number of formats. My fees vary according to associated opportunities, for example if I am allowed to trade. I also willingly barter. If you are a charity or unwaged do not hesitate to see what is possible.
My knowledge is unique, and I consider my time valuable. I am willing to travel. I am not usually interested in booking a year ahead. If not too busy, I will consider modest fees in winter (prior to early spring weather) if the group is regional and the audience numbers more than 40. I suggest that groups combine to host my presentations.
I rarely independently organise events. My time and energy goes to finishing more tutorials for my web site and toward the writing I have been asked to undertake.
I will give a deep discount for an engagement where I personally may send additional 'open invitations' to others who I know are interested in attending my portion of the event. I suggest this as a win-win situation for all involved.
Any engagement I accept must allow young people (age 8 to 20) and the elderly (age 70+) to attend at a deeply discounted cost and must include advertising to that effect. My dedication is to helping the next generation and to thanking the previous one.
I give media interviews only with a 'right or review', that is I must directly approve any quotes used, etc. Please note that this is a policy of long standing, and I will not waive it.
Speaking of media, I do not sell on-line, take orders, tweet, Facebook, Etsey, Revelry, etc. I do not like e-mails that might stimulate a long answer, but I am at home most times and happily take telephone calls between 9 AM and 9 PM.
I would like to be included on lists that announce events and activities world wide that are related to my fields of interest. Please add my email address: enquiries@Mrs-Robinson-Crusoe.com
I want to share with other adults what I have learned. May I be of service.